THE JUNIOR TEAM MANAGER ROLE AT SYSC
Pre-Season (February – April)
- Welcome and record contact details of players and their parents.
- Advise new parents of how the Club and registration works, show players to their team, and instruct parents to visit the website to sign up for our newsletter.
- Assist parents with understanding the registration process and keep tabs on payments. Identify players who may qualify for hardship sponsorship.
- Distribute uniforms.
During the Season (April – September)
- Keep parents informed of fixtures—point them to the relevant links on the website and/or send regular email and text updates.
- Keep parents informed of any changes to the practice or match schedules, such as cancellations due to severe weather or changes of venue.
- Bring the team game bag to all practices and matches. (The game bag includes a first aid kit, the game ball, extra uniforms and shin guards, and a whistle if needed.)
- Keep the score and appoint linesmen and refs from among parents as necessary.
- Appoint a substitute for yourself and hand over the game bag to them if you’re going to be away.
- Help with photographs later in the season.
- Promote your team on the website and social media!